Do you know that every year comes with 104 weekend days that is nearly 30 percent of all the days of the year? Most of the time we hear people complaining that we do not have enough time to do what we want or the other most often complain is lack of time for oneself. There are many reasons for the above mentioned complaints but like everything else we need to focus on the solutions and then we can find a way out.
Weekends can provide us with that much needed time if we start to treat our weekends with more respect, love and care. If we use our weekends just to take care of the leftover work of the week than we will not really move forward. We are wasting a lot of precious time that we could invest in better uses. Through research done at AHAM almost a third of the participants said they worked on their weekends and hated every minute of it.
We know for sure when we unplug we become more productive. But it is easier said than done because we all tend to slip into routines until unless we make an intentional choice and decision to take charge of our weekends.
When you know better you do better, so to begin with you need to ask yourself some questions:
- Where do you spend most of your time on weekend?
- Do you take out exclusive time for your happiness?
- What activities will give you happiness?
- What habits or rituals I need to put in place to rejuvenate my mind, body and spirit during a weekend?
Now once you have answered those questions for yourself here are a few ways you can make your weekend a wonderful, rejuvenating experience.
- Rejuvenate – Make the effort to take better care of your body. What can you do to do that? Maybe take an extra nap, or give yourself a nice hair massage or watch your favorite TV show. Anything that you define as rest for your mind, body or spirit indulge in that and you will be amazed to see how much better you feel.
- Reconnect – Spend quality time with people who matter to you. We live in a world where everybody is too occupied with their work. Make your weekend a time to reconnect. One way could a no mobile activity for a few hours. Or having a meal together where everyone in the family pitches in from cutting vegetables to cooking and cleaning. Maybe pack a nice lunch and go to the park nearby.
- Reflect – Weekend is a perfect time to spend with yourself and your thoughts. The more time we spend understanding ourselves and what makes us happy the more capability we become of handling life’s challenges. “Reflection and prayer are man’s internal GPS system,” says William J. Bennett.Identifying what makes us special and unique will calm us and nourish our souls as than we can be in our enough space and enjoy every moment.
So make the effort to utilize your weekends to bring joy and happiness into your life. For your deserve it.