What do some of the most successful people have in common? Well it is there love for reading. From Oprah Winfrey to Amitabh Bachan, from Bill Gates to Warren Buffet… The Power of Reading
One of the biggest stumbling blocks to your happiness is you comparing yourself with others. When you do that you basically close all doors that lead to your happiness. As… This Habit is the Biggest Factor for Unhappiness
Do you know that every year comes with 104 weekend days that is nearly 30 percent of all the days of the year? Most of the time we hear people complaining that we do not have enough time to do what we want or the other most often complain is lack of time for oneself. There are many reasons for the above mentioned complaints but like everything else we need to focus on the solutions and then we can find a way out.
Weekends can provide us with that much needed time if we start to treat our weekends with more respect, love and care. If we use our weekends just to take care of the leftover work of the week than we will not really move forward. We are wasting a lot of precious time that we could invest in better uses. Through research done at AHAM almost a third of the participants said they worked on their weekends and hated every minute of it.
We know for sure when we unplug we become more productive. But it is easier said than done because we all tend to slip into routines until unless we make an intentional choice and decision to take charge of our weekends.
When you know better you do better, so to begin with you need to ask yourself some questions:
- Where do you spend most of your time on weekend?
- Do you take out exclusive time for your happiness?
- What activities will give you happiness?
- What habits or rituals I need to put in place to rejuvenate my mind, body and spirit during a weekend?
Now once you have answered those questions for yourself here are a few ways you can make your weekend a wonderful, rejuvenating experience.
- Rejuvenate – Make the effort to take better care of your body. What can you do to do that? Maybe take an extra nap, or give yourself a nice hair massage or watch your favorite TV show. Anything that you define as rest for your mind, body or spirit indulge in that and you will be amazed to see how much better you feel.
- Reconnect – Spend quality time with people who matter to you. We live in a world where everybody is too occupied with their work. Make your weekend a time to reconnect. One way could a no mobile activity for a few hours. Or having a meal together where everyone in the family pitches in from cutting vegetables to cooking and cleaning. Maybe pack a nice lunch and go to the park nearby.
- Reflect – Weekend is a perfect time to spend with yourself and your thoughts. The more time we spend understanding ourselves and what makes us happy the more capability we become of handling life’s challenges. “Reflection and prayer are man’s internal GPS system,” says William J. Bennett.Identifying what makes us special and unique will calm us and nourish our souls as than we can be in our enough space and enjoy every moment.
So make the effort to utilize your weekends to bring joy and happiness into your life. For your deserve it.
The month of February is the month when we celebrate Valentine’s Day. In my mind it conjures up images of love and kindness. Of celebrating what is good and compassionate in the human heart. Compassion- the thread that connects us all and love the fuel that takes us forward in this journey of life and kindness that keeps everything running smoothly. … COMPASSION, LOVE AND KINDNESS
Most of us feel we do not enough hours in a day to manage all that we need to. This week we will talk about energy – how to get it, ways to manage it and how to restore it. You must often hear around the term maybe you use it many times, “I have no energy, I am so tired.” I hope at the end of this week by the time you read and listen to the three videos you will feel more alive, more engaged and more radiant that before reading/listening to these videos. Energy is a force that is imperative for you to accomplish anything and everything. … Energy: A Pre-Requisite for Happiness and Well Being
Productivity and its Connection to Happiness
New research suggests we work more effectively, creatively, and collaboratively when we’re happy at work. A recent study by economists at the University of Warwick found that happiness led to a 12% spike in productivity, while unhappy workers proved 10% less productive. As the research team put it, “We find that human happiness has large and positive causal effects on productivity. Positive emotions appear to invigorate human beings.”
When we are happy we become more positive and have more energy to deal with what life throws at us. Shawn Achor, author of The Happiness Advantage, has found that the brain works much better when a person is feeling positive. At those times, individuals tend to be more creative and better at solving problems. And additional research has shown that when workers are happy they’re more effective collaborators working toward common goals. As Achor sees it, the incentive for organizations is clear-cut—”happiness leads to greater levels of profits” for companies that take the right steps. … How Happiness leads to greater level of Productivity and Profits?
We live in a world that demands our attention all the time. Our mind is constantly preoccupied with a million different things and we are rarely fully present. If I am not being fully present we are robbed of our ability to live life to the fullest and be in our enough and happy space. … Being Mindful
On a recent train journey a young man entered the train and came and sat and refused to take his luggage off his head despite lot of other passengers cajoling him to do so. Seeing this entire episode take place in front of my eyes it got me thinking. In not letting go off his luggage he chose to carry the burden on his head of that extra baggage which was completely unnecessary. Don’t we all make the same mistake again and again? We carry the burden of all the negative incidents, the bad remarks, the insults, and bad memories in our mind and refuse to forget and forgive. We do not realize the impact it has on our mind, body and soul. … Forgive and Be Happy